Acupuncture for Women's Health
Dr. MoraMarco offers comprehensive healthcare to women of all ages, with a particular emphasis on reproductive and gynecologic health needs. Women’s health issues respond very well to acupuncture and herbal medicine. The following are some of the conditions that Kara regularly treats in her clinical practice:
• Painful / heavy / irregular periods
• Spotting between periods
• Amenorrhea (no periods)
• Breast swelling and tenderness
• Mood swings
• Vaginal itching
• Recurrent yeast infections
• Hormonal imbalances
• Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
• Perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms
Acupuncture and herbal medicine promote a healthy environment for conception to occur naturally, and increases the success rate of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART). Dr. MoraMarco offers guidance with lifestyle, diet, and nutritional needs to ensure the best foundation to prepare for pregnancy. The following are some of the benefits of acupuncture for fertility.
• Increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs (uterus and ovaries)
• Promoting implantation in the uterus
• Reduce stress and anxiety to help relax the patient
• Strengthening the immune system and supporting general health to promote a healthy pregnancy and baby.
• Reducing side effects of drugs used in ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) procedures.
These fertility treatments focus on increasing the blood supply to the uterus, which helps build a healthy uterine lining for a fertilized egg to implant. They also:
• Assist ovulation
• Increase cervical fluids
• Improve egg and sperm quality
• Reduce stress and side effects caused by other fertility treatments.
• carpal tunnel
• anxiety and depression
• breech and posterior babies
• labor induction
• delayed labor
• vaginal itching
• pelvic pain
• low back pain